Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Look to the East - Part II

Day 3: Cave Explorations

This was an all girls adventure thrill because the boys are stupid and lazy.


We started out the morning with a hearty breakfast of Sarawak's famous kolo mee soaked in Lard Oil.


Hydrated ourselves


At this 'highly recommended' Kopitiam

Off we drove to the Caves

Our Navigator/Map Reader and Driver



The journey there was mystical and breathtaking

We city girls were really awed by the lush mountains

After hours and hours of driving...finally,







It was a sloppy hike up

 I huffed and puffed


Oh my, more steps?!!



It was dark and slippery too. A torchlight would come in handy if you decide to venture into the Caves.


See how narrow the steps are...

After a harrowing climb, we reached the light at the end of the caves. Or rather the entrance of the Caves.


By the grace of God, we made it up the Caves alive

and posed  stared in wonder


I came, I saw and I waved.

Pictures don't do justice to the Fairy caves. It was an experience to have gone for my virgin cave exploration . For a city girl like me, little wonders of the nature and funny rock formations amaze me beyond words could express.