Monday, April 13, 2009

A Persiflage with the Astronomist

Another Melee hovers like dark clouds over us. Threatening to rain on us and wash away any lingering scent of reminiscences. Any sweet Echo by Davidoff that may have remained embedded in the cotton strands of our clothing would disperse through this fight. Any saccharine Smile by Sensodyne that may flash back in our memories will be wipe out by this conflict. Our disparate thoughts and incongruent hearts that cannot go in sync. We need to find a source to blame. If it was not from within us, then it must be something beyond our control. We have mastered the art of condemning everything else but ourselves. Anything but our selfish desires and our egocentric goals in life was to carry the weight of our transgression.

There are moments when everything seems perfect. The shared laughter. The shared silence. This time, I wonder what it feels like. To find the one in this life, the one we all dream of. I have been waiting for the real thing, I should know it when I get the feeling because it will play out like a scene straight out from the silver screen. So I will be holding my breath right up till the end until I find the one that I will spend forever with. Because naturally nobody wants to be the last one there, we all want to have somebody who cares, somebody to love with my life in their hands, there’s gotta be somebody for me out there.

I dislike complicated and sticky situations. I rather be credulous and enjoy our preposterous kismet. Apathy helps. As acrid as it may be, this is my tiny scintilla of hope on my dandelion wish. When you whisper your wish into the cotton fluffs and let the wind, take it to where rainbow ends, where dreams do come true.

The spaces between your fingers are to be filled by the delicate fingers of the one you love - clutched together and becoming one stronghold of a bond that is everlasting. A sign that you have finally found the one to hold you through thick and thin. Maybe, it’s all too soon to tell for now whether the space between mine fingers are to be fitted with yours because once, it seemed to fit a lot of other fingers too. We have all been through the shattered heart - with the broken pieces and shrapnel of an explosive love affair still embedded in our scars, reminding us that love hurts. Afterall, a heart that hurts is a heart that beats.

We tread more vigilantly, wary of what is ahead, especially when it is seems too virtuous. We now have a little perspicacity to what we seek for to fill those spaces. But are we really allowing ourselves to love? Does being the sentinel man afford us a to find a veritable relationship or just one that is built and guarded with so much restrictions and don’ts; with no freedom for our hearts to slide down the slippery slope of euphoria with no control, screaming woohoo! at the top of your lungs. We refuse to acknowledge the stirring of our hearts. Just the faltering staccato beats of our feelings. Irresolute. Vaccilating. Undecided. Slowly disconnecting from one and another.

My chimera of a love story differs awfully from reality. In my fantasy fairytale love story, I just want Romeo to melt to the ground, pull out a ring and say, “marry me Juliet and you will never have to be alone – I love you and that’s all the reason why, talk to your dad, go pick out a white dress, it’s a love story baby just say yes!!” In reality, Romeo put out his hand and say, “I will think about it Juliet – I am not sure if I love you and that’s all the reason why, I am talking to you, are you listening?!!”

What about the laughter and the happy ever after, the voices of sweet angels, telling us that we could be in love? Just like imaginary friends, they are make believes whenever we feel desolated. The subtleties of my love affair often lead me to slip into a faux pas of thinking that like all things in life, this love affair can be cannily work out. That time can solve it. Its a trepidation to venture into an unknown, let alone to let go and slide down the slope. Truth to be told, I lack the temerity to love. Truth be told, this is one maze that I am not au fait with. I am dubious I will find my way out from it. Having said that, I should get back to my disconsolate life and wait for mine somebody out there. Once again, I have to confess, even my sanguine nature cannot help me feel that the Astronomist got it right again. I am daft when it comes to love and often too myopic to see that a relationship is just a passage through life’s journey.