Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sharing of the month


Sometimes in this world, bad things happen. Things that disappoint us and makes us say to ourselves, "Why God, why?" Sometimes, we might even get worried or afraid because what comes next is so uncertain and unknown, but quoting one of Charles Stanley's Life Principles, "Disappointments are inevitable but discouragement is a choice." I remember that I don't have to give into those feelings of fear and hopelessness. Here are two points to remember:

 
1. God is for us. (And if God is for us, who can stand against Almighty God?)
2. God often uses trials to position us for Greater blessings. (This thought process helps me to maintain a right attitude in the midst of trials.)

Also, Jeremiah 29:11 is a verse that gives me comfort in times of uncertainty. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."