Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lessons in Fabruary!

February has slowly picked up from the slow start that January had to offer for 2010. Made my first blunder of the year when I told my boss that our meeting in the capital city of KL with the clients was on a monday instead of tuesday. So I flew us both down south only to learn that next time, I should check my calendars properly otherwise I will earn myself an "accidental" shopping trip and spend all my lifetime savings on clothes I cannot afford. I put up the night with PW who has a holy neighbour with a penchant for singing and shrieking like a banshee in the wee hours of the morning. After 2 sleepless nights, one blunder, overswiped credit cards, crazy bumper to bumper jams and lotsa lotsa dust I just could not be happier to return to my paradise island to recover from the trauma and stress.


I am learning this from February : Learn from the bad as well as the good. Fall down, make a mess, break something occasionally. And always remember that the story is never over.
 


Last night, SM was having one of his moody days and asked me out to make him laugh. I failed. Terribly. I realised how he is the one between us both who possess the fineesse to think of the most hillarious things to say and make us both laugh over it. When he turned the table around, all I had was my bony shoulders and a warm embrace. I lack his capricious ingenuity. I think that is how different and similar we can be at the same time. He is whimsical while I am stoic...maybe this is what you call a balance. Even on his melancholic days, he is still able to amuse himself silly.

I am learning this from SM : Learn how to entertain yourself. Close the door, crank up the stereo, and dork out. Invent new dance moves. Play the air guitar. Practice your touchdown moves. Too many people are self conscious even when they're alone. Don't be one of those people. While you're at it, learn how to laugh at yourself.


SM took me up to check the pool area at his gym which has an infinity pool. When I laid on the gazebo and stared up the unfanthomable midnight blue sky sprinkled with glitery diamonds, I thought of my favourite people all over the world who are also staring up the same bright sky. Somewhere out there, someone's thinking of me, I hope. Made my day and even my week's worries all dissipated. Stargazings  do wonders to your soul. SM shared his philosophical lecture on how Gengkis Khan, despite being such a great man and conquering vast amount of land in China, would also have his weak and vulnerable moments. Yes, that self-praising prick was comparing himself to the great Gengkis Khan. Although Gengkis Khan conquered and was ruler of many nations, he too was not happy all the time. He could have all the power and women in the world but he too could also be an emo kid. Just like SM, he may have a gazillion friends and bank in a 5 figure salary every month, deep down inside, he is also an emo kid.

I learnt this over my pool-side star gazings moment : Happiness is not fame, money or power. The key to life is finding your sweet spot.


What lessons do you think Nie can learn from you or situations? What's one life lesson that you would wish to share with Me? What's the best philosophical advice you ever received from someone? Care to spill it for the inquiring mind? *smiles*

 
This shall be a 'Fabrualous' month.