Saturday, July 12, 2008

Majestic wonders


Last night I was privileged to go watch the stars with the astronomist and his group of equally galaxy enthusiastic buddies. Laid out flat on the grass out in the Chilly night while trying to count stars was something I had anticipated but not before I was exploited for cheap labour. I was ordered bossed around to help set up the telescope and the other equally complex useless  looking apparatus that was supposedly to allow me to check out more bling bling out in the dark.


After an hour of squabbling and ordering around, I finally plonk myself on a far bit of green grass, retrieve my popcorn and hot chocolate all ready to watch the stars. It was beautiful just staring right up to the blanket of little bursting shinning gasses up there and it was then I was reminded of the scene from Lion King with Timon and Pumbaa lying out in the wild somewhere in Africa gazing at stars too. I turned to the astronomist and as though he had read my thoughts he said, "you are definitely Timon without the intelligence!"

While all of us cuddled out under the starry starry night, I felt something shine in my heart. This is the shine that God has promised me 6 weeks ago. The shine that will come from my heart. Lying out there and looking up into the Universe, it made me feel so tiny but yet shinning with happiness. When you feel that the light in your life has ran out, just lift up your head and stare in awe of the light that God has shine on you. In my pursue of happiness I fought battles and ran marathons but never had I once stopped and let such majestic wonders wrapped me in happiness. As all of us lie down in silence, the astronomist nudge me and whispered, "What would Timon say to Pumbaa now?". I replied, "Thank you for lying with me and just forgetting the world".