Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bon Voyage Chris

A great swing of emotions overwhelmed us as we both bury our time capsules together, not knowing when or how we are going to reopen it again. My cheeks flamed up as he leaned towards me, his breath tainted with cinnamon. A six years long wait, the anticipation of romance, the climax of hope and the surging faith for love. it took more than love to bring us back together. it took more than courage to walk away 6 years back and it will take more than our breath aways to say goodbye. it just something that happens, a sizzling moment - it was like swimming too near to a jellyfish.

At the back of my mind, the astronomist's face raced through my thoughts, flashes of his smile, ringing of his laughters, pieces of memories that were all too much a reminder, all eating at my conscience, all telling me - i am too close to playing with fire and i will not trod down the path of F star star K-ing some else's heart. i am not a product of an embittered childhood and unlike what the poem said, God, my parents did not f star star k me up to help me justify my selfish emotions. i jerked back and forced a smile to my face. it is time Chris, i said.
He glanced at the clock overhead me and put on his bravado. you have grown up, alot, he said. alot more different than I could remember, he emphasised. i was forced to grow up, they kicked me out of never land, i said a matter of factly. he laughed nervously. he brushed his cheek against mine and i felt warm wetness stinging my skin.
he pressed a picture into my hand and whispered, ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. I watched him walk towards the gate and looked down at the picture in my palm. it didn't take 6 years to change me, it took two amazing parents to change the girl i was back then to become the woman in the picture.

p/s: once again, thank you.