Saturday, July 12, 2008

shouldda been baby

I sat there stirring my chocolate, holding back the temptation to slam down a hammer on Bob. I got a text earlier from the dentist, screaming, Crisis and asking for me to meet the gang at their place. I groaned, text back, "I really don't have time for YOUR crisis for I am in a crisis myself. Unless someone is dying, nothing is worth for me to leave the comfort of my home!" He replied, "Oh, you selfish brat. Hurry over before we send a missile. We need you, yes we do. Remember, we all came to your rescue when you needed us. Now, one of us, needs you!" So, I went. Only to be a caring heart and a listening ear. Bob was leaving his 6 years relationship.

I dragged the astronomist to a side and hissed, "You know I cannot handle this. Please, don't make me go through this...". Tears welled up. The astronomist hushed me and said, "Listen, we know. We had a world conference before asking you to come. We know how much it will poke at your wounds but we also know, you are prepared for this, hmm?". If looks could kill, the astronomist would have been ashes by now. So here goes me, to save the world Bob...from becoming a complete stranger (and an idiot)

I have never met his girlfriend before but apparently, from what I heard, she cooks really well, learning her trades all from Jamie Oliver's cookbook. I reminded myself to throw out my copy of Jamie's at home cookbook and to write a note, Jamie, you suck. Even Jamie's excellent succulent cod fish splash with juicy rich apple sauce cannot satisfy Bob's sensational appetite for love. After listening to Bob, who looked at me for validation that he is not a jerk..I shrugged and said quietly, " Emotions can mislead and misguide us. What you think is failing and what you think is not working is because your love tank is low and depleted". The guys blink in wonder. Then all of them crowded in closer as though I was preaching the Holy Gospel. I wasn't. I just learnt. I continued, ignoring the halo that was floating above my head, " Whatever decisions you make, we all can respect it but it doesnt mean we are accepting it.

Like I told someone before, you have to responsible for your actions. Walking away does not solve problems and confessing to God does not bring heal the wound you have caused". "Love is a wonderful thing. The in-love experience you felt once needs to be refuel, if only you trust Him and choose His ways. Not your way, not mine, not the Highway but His ways". We all then prayed for Bob..the guy who once sang "My girl" and recorded it on a CD to be sent to his Jamie Oliver.

Sometimes, we all wish we knew the answers to everything. We stalk others on facebook and others stalk us. Its scary how little privacy we get these days. While sometimes, things happen right under our noses and it is impossible to spot them right away. We reign in arrogance and reject all attempts from others to reach out to us, to love us and to lower our pride. We all knew Bob's infidelity long before he broke it to us. It is inevitably obvious when you keep sending big hugs to someone who isn't your partner while it shoudda been Jamie Oliver at home. We just learn to ignore it and minded our own business when truly, I should have taken a shot gun and shoot his brains out. oooh, not such angelic afterall. I should have offerred a thoughtful word and help lift the heavy load of his weary soul along life's road.

The ridiculous saying "Everything happens for a reason" is quoted by simpletons alike and it leaves personal responsibility out of the equation. Selfishness blinds people to the greatness that is already in their lives. Bob, thinking that he is all hunky deserves Brad Pitt rather than just plain Jamie Oliver. (Bob is not gay, it is just a methaphor). So Bob began to dictate that he seeks his own happiness. Selfishness will demand that your needs be met first and it cannot be bothered to sow seeds of love. While it shoudda been Christ first in any relationship, Bob decided, it shoudda been me, my feelings, my happiness and I don't care what the Corinthians said in Chapter 13 or what the Ephesians said in Chapter 5. Bob said, "I am human afterall". Can someone please dig out the human's heart and check if it is cold and hard? Probably it needs a little bit of reheating in the microwave, afterall.

Before I left, it sanked in my heart that I really don't know the people around me. Bob asked, "Do you wanna take some Jelly Beans home with you?" "No, thanks", I replied. My mother taught me not to accept sweets from strangers. Hold your horses Bob, whatever it is, do not be the heartless horseman.