Saturday, July 12, 2008

Divine communications

Last night, my prayer prayer asked if I could forgive him for not being able to help rummage my room to help search for my locker key. One of those things that I find it difficult to comprehend is that I cannot understand how can some be polite and prissy in everything they do while some just cannot control their raging hormones to yell down the phone at others.

Anyway as he is my prayer partner, I had to exercise some holiness in me to say, "yes dude, I forgive you". I did not. I sat down, starred into his blue eyes and got lost somewhere in there searching for more blue-ness, while humming, falling in love with you. Corny. Fortunately that did not happen. My highly volatile mind sprang into action and I said, " to forgive is divine. divine is God. I am not God. So, I cannot put myself on the same par and forgive you. no no". Shaking my head violently just in case he did not understand a single word I said. He slapped himself on the forehead and looked up to his creamy ceiling, declaring, Oh my God. I look at him blankly and smiled, "I am honoured but I dont think I am your God". That night ended up with me being chased around the house by holy prayer partner who was carrying a huge chopping knife for reasons I still have not figure out but for which my womanly instints has told me to ran.

They say, it takes alot of nobility to forgive. I think I should recommend that a noble peace prize to be given to all those who find the space and nobility in them to forgive others and to be called, 'God' from then on. We all try to come out with different theories and philosophy to reason out why forgiveness is important to our souls and our sanity. Why don't we spend more time to come out with ways to ammend the constitution that will allow us freedom to kill others who step on our feet? Oops, I forgot, I am miss United States and if there is one thing I want to see in this world, it should be, "world peace".

So the next question comes - who is this God that everybody is praising about? The one whom everyone talks about, sing about and cry to in midst of crisis? I have yet to hear a churchgoer say "I am going to praise that God everybody is wondering who He is".