Saturday, July 12, 2008

Forgotten ones

So often in life, we abandon the old and stale. The little things in your life that seemed to insignificant. We tend to discard the things that is most meaningful to us but never took notice of. Let's take a walk down memory lane..

Do you remember those sets of transformer toys u used to play and worship while you were young? When you grew older and enter your teenage years, transformers toys transformed to ranging hormones for girls. Your interest is how to transform yourself into the man for your dream girl. Who cares about bumblebee and optimus prime..well not until later when the transformer movies were out and u abandon that dream girl to dig out your old boxes of passion..transformer toys! cant find it anymore le..

Lets unwind back a little more to those years in college. When you cared so much about the clothes u wear, what people think about you and most importantly if whether you were in the cool gang or the nerdy gang. It was important to be accepted. Now? Brand is no longer your priority. Pasar malam clothes also can..as long as you have money to buy the new iphone or that new sports car you have been eyeing..well at least for us who has grown up and grew tired of NIKE. We now want Hugo Boss, Armani and Gucci from the local pasar malam where you can buy 3 t-shirts for RM30. Good bargain huh? nobody will know its fake..with those huge printed words on the front of your shirt screaming..check out gal, I am wearing Dolce. Do you wanna come to my (G)abanna tonight?

So what is the thing that I have abandon over the years? My light hearted self. My ability to throw a witty comeback, my ability to laugh at the silliest thing. Yes it is an ability. I forget how to laugh at the littlest thing in life. I forgot how beautiful I am when I was fun and loving. How I can shrug of the slightest comment and most of all, to take things in life at a lighter note. Every single thing became a HUGE issue. Everything is HUGO and no more KIKI LALA. I don't wanna be like that. I don't wanna grow old with that tight ass attitude. To take everything in life so seriously that I forget to live a life filled with happiness and laughter. I wanna see this world from the eyes of a child more often and not from the eyes of a 70 year old grandma. Big girls are still daddy's little girls. The world is not always at a change. It doesn't change to adapt to you. You change to adapt to the world. But when you are so caught up to make changes for the world, you will lose yourself. Just like how I lost part of me.

So, I wrote a note to myself. I am going to kick of my new ones and put on my old ones. The comfortable old shoes that I have forgotten about. The "me" that I am searching for. The "me" that I have lost over the years. smelly but fun and loving. No, that doesnt mean I am literally smelly okie..I shower with my body shop shower gel daily! It's good not to be a kacang who forgets her shell. This is the shell that kept me happy for years, why did I throw it away? Well, not everything old is good. Some old leaf(s) still has to be turn over to new leaf(s) but some old shoes are never meant to forgotten. Its meant to be worn forever..for me, its my light hearted self...what about you? What has been forgotten?