Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dance of the fireflies

The flight of the fireflies in the night, blinking like a beacon in the dark - would you hold my hand as we walk through the dark guided by His words, like a lamp to our feet. As we both sat there sharing stories and laughters surrounded by yellow blinkers, I know, even if the world shut out its light on me, I can still dance in the dark for my steps are lighted and guided by You.

I never hesistate everytime I am near you for I don't fear that I will fall into the dark. Standing on the edge of the night, I opened my eyes and see the fireflies dancing in the air. I felt the breeze caress my cheeks, it is time for me to take my flight. I will take your hand and let you lead me to everywhere and to places where I have never been. You know my fears so hold me close to you and this is all it begins - when God writes my love story.

We all have been trained to rush and push at things. We pace in front of the mircowave like a father-to-be when his wife is in labour, we complain of the slow service at McD, we tap our foot impatiently and we continously push at the buttons while waiting for the elevator as if, with every push, the lift will dropped down faster. Be still, and know that He is Good the Psalmist said. So we, just like everyone, jump at relationships at the first attraction we get. Ta-da! We came, we saw, we begin...and we sigh! Is it really so hard to resist your own emotional calling and wait in the dark till the fireflies come and call you? While we entrust our hearts to another pledging to give away half our kidneys when the other needs it, he in turns toss out your heart and pledges to make stew with it. Heart stew with extra gravy...yummy?!

If only we all could learn to entrust our pen to God and let Him write our love story instead. If only we could all learn to endure the hardships that come along in our relationships and be still. If only, we can all wait in the dark and let the fireflies come to light up the passion once again. If only we could all love one another like how He loves us and If only you can be still and not fear the dark...