Saturday, July 12, 2008

gloomy loomy

Its been a long endless mindless week. For the first time in weeks, it rained today. I never gave much thought to the gloomy clouds outside my window and recklessly failed to dorn my paddington boots and raincoat when I stepped out to the freezing cold and puddles of water everywhere. No doubt, I took a 15 minutes shower under the rain on my walk to town.

The astronomist rang to give a much 'delayed' weather report and also an update on how the 'sacred ceremony' had went in the Lake District. Sometimes I wonder what would I have been or done without those M.R.R.S at the doctors shed. They have played the role of brother, best friend, court jester, interrogator, full time nanny, counsellor, pyschologist, chef, chauffeur, nanny, doctor, and hero in disguised in the last few months. They totally went all out this weekend to go out to the lake freezing their body parts off on my behalf to lay the little one to rest. Sally and Richard have felt that it was best for me to stay out of the risk of catching pneumonia as my immune system is still slow and fidgety to fight off nasty cold viruses and what naught of other viruses, so I spent the weekend flipping Archbold and statutes for the never ending exam saga.
thank you guys for bracing the storms out there for me ; )

It was also a time to reflect on how much law school has put me through as it won't be long before I will be forced to decide if I am fit to join the leagues of legal profession and live by the ever so noble 'I will fight for justice' motto. In my first year at law school, I was all geared up and excited about this robe and wig wearing thing. Come year two, I had to grit my teeth through Lord Denning long winded precedents and nearly end up pulling my hair out deciphering the hell he is mumbling about. Then when year three come, I thought to myself that I am near the end, time to pop the champagne!. Little did I know, the marathon law study is still a long run. Bar school doomed upon me and I became a champion at defending justice for the greater good and a horrible loser at not knowing when to stay silent. To sum it all up, I should have settled for position of domestic engineer when I was first offered the course at Christopher Ch'ng University in the Big Apple.

Considering this, I now have to search for the locker key which must be returned tomorrow. Deep thoughts, it baffled me where did I get cook the idea to rent a locker? Was it peer pressure? - well could be, everybody was talking about how cool it will be to have a locker and how much more intelligent it would be to store all your books in the university rather than to ferry it back daily. Then again, I don't remember opening my locker more than twice in this whole academic year. I build a library of my own in the comfort of my bedroom, feeling safer and wiser going to bed at night with all the Criminal codes and Civil Rules keeping my company. Life cannot get more insecure than this...