Monday, April 19, 2010

Ahh, It's Moanday again!

Weekend flew by so quickly and even before I could say, "Ahh, I lurveee weekends", its Moanday already.


I am a pretty emo kiddo when its the weekday. I don't know about you but I wish I had a bottomless Cayman Island account (Oh, I do!!) to support my lavish lifestyle of La Mer facials, Milk Spa, Honey Caramel Hair Treatement and carviar for every meal. So while I am waiting for my wish to be granted, I still have to drag myself to Planet Workplace every day save for the weekends and the days when I can hardly crawl out of bed. In case you are wondering how I manage to wake up daily, stay alive at Planet Workplace and go back to bed - I am telling you this - it is no easy feat - I kid you not. Through forced repetition, I eventually became pretty good. Thereby, over the years, I have learnt to embrace my Moanday Blues with grace and a less cranky attitude.

During my Uni days, I told myself that if I miss the Moanday morning classes, I will fail that subject, not graduate, not fulfill my childhood fantasy of suing people and be a disgrace to the family clan so much so that my parents will throw me out of the house and I will not be able to afford my closet of designer clothings when I am 25. Yes, so with much persecution and sacrifices, I found myself bleary eyed sitting at the front rows of most lectures on every Moanday mornings for five years - silently chanting in my head - this is for the greater good. Want to know what happen?

I am in my ne plus ultra, a member of a profession most parents dream for their child but unfortunately for me, I am almost 25 and I still can ill-afford a closet of designer clothings. All those hours of torture listening to the dronning of old clever people talk about law did not bring Hermes or Dior knocking at my door. I should have just stuck to my childhood dream (Suing people is a childhood fantasy)  and be a stripper. I am pretty sure I would be able to confirm my status as an avatar of fashion chic.

I have yet to wisen up. I still follow the rules. I still step on my accelerator when the light turns yellow because yellow means "nyeh nyeh, the light is changing red soon!" and I still come to work every Moanday, even when I least want to because I have yet to find someone to pay my bills, feed me and clothe me. I also don't think anyone has yet to come up with a technology to make my car run on water. I also have not managed to psycho my parents to buy me my VW Beetle. Threatening to camp outside in my garden does not seem to work anymore with them as they get older. My closet is still very much void of portentous fabrics. So many wishes unfulfilled.

I think I am in need of a long holiday. One that will see me spend my entire trust fund in an attempt to set my own record for most luxurious holiday ever abroad in a semi-comatose state. This is another wishful thinking. Like I said earlier, wishes take a long time to come true.

Truthfully, I have another wish. I wish my Moanday scenarios would involve the following :-
kissing hubby dearest in the morning, ushering him off to bring home the bacon, going back to lie in my 100 thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheet bed, having the butler serve me English breakfast in bed, getting up and look pretty, hitting the gym to maintain my bootylicious figure, catching up with my other pompous girlfriends, going for Volcanic Ash Thai Spa,bathing in lavender scented milk, looking sexy and showering hubby dearest with hugs and kisses when he returns home with the Bacon. 

Ahh, Bliss!

Alright, enough wishful thinkings. Since it is Moanday and we all have alot to do before the sun sets, y'all better go back to starring at your computer screens and wishing that time will fly by faster - I bid you all adieu and have a lovely Moanday till my next whinning and screaming.