Thursday, April 8, 2010

Weekly pyscho-babble

I am an inherently lazy writer. Correction. I am just inherently lazy. I don't see myself as a writer, just yet, because most of my jottings here are mostly mundane minutiae of my existence here on Earth and occasionally, little snippets of my thoughts. So if given the choice of curling under my duvet, stare up my ceiling and think of nothing or sitting down in front of my computer - I will choose the former.

I don't quite like to use my brain, especially on the weekends. If you want to look for me on the weekends, you can always find me sitting in front of the idiot box lazily flipping channels. Nothing will catch my attention and zilch registering in my head. To an extend, sometimes, my others peas from the same pod call me bimbotic.

Ever on a weekend, if you catch my out in one of those posh coffeehouse sipping my favourite Ice Chai Tea, its mainly because once in a blue moon, I have a need for others to validate my existence on this Earth and I come out to interact. I also find it easier to laugh my asian ass off with my learned friends when my brain is not working. *Breaks out to sing* - I can see clearly now the brain is gone.

However, as of late, I find myself starring on my lappie screen on ends, cracking my brains, occasionally typing like a crack-natic to meet my 101 deadlines. The only thing that seems to take my highly stress train of thoughts away is when SM steals me out for a few hours to crack me up. I also do not know how I can put up with the amount of nonsense he throws at me. He is like the English weather, unpredictable but something you will grow to love and be fond of. I find him simply hillarious on some days and on others, I just wish the Earth below him will open up and swallow him.

After pyscho-analysing myself, I have come to the conclude that I have very short attention span. It is a wonder I even make it through law school considering how I zone out every 20 minutes or so. Maybe then, my attention span was a tad longer than it is now. I took 3 days to complete this short post. Yes, you can only imagine. So while I have 101 deadlines to meet, I can only dedicate 20 minutes of attention to it before diverting to something else for a whole hour - no wonder it is taking me dinosaur years to complete my work. I seriously have to get a new brain. One that has a longer span of attention. Gasps!! This is one of my quarter -life crisis. Worrying about the longevity of my thoughts on things and people.

The weekend is coming again. I can't wait to stop using my brains...it feels good doesn't it, to think of nothing and nothing at all?