Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Midsummer night's dream






Summer 2008, will remain embalm in my heart as the summer I will always recall. where two lonely people in the world, finally found one another to fill the emptiness with laughters and intriguing memories. where the world of munckin and cupcake converge into a shakesperian play.

we took flight on our virgin communication in an arabic airport where people scavage around the floors like refugees in a fully air conditioned camp. it was the least romantic place i would admit, but hey, i was in a foreign land filled with bearded men who looked like they were all ready to take me as their bride. so i had to indulge in a conversation with a safe, decent looking man to make myself seem 'taken' and 'protected'. and that was him. the man. the munchkin. the yellow stranger. the stranger whose face i've seen splash all over some websites but whom i've never met. the stranger whom i've heard of but never knew. a stranger my heart grew to attached itself to.
he was sweet - all too good to talk to, all too kind to be true, with a mind blowing charisma. the world stood still as we get to know each other and said our first hello(s). little did we know, someone up there is watching and making the world less of two lonely people.

the next few months whirled by with simplicity. polite conversations tainted with chauryness and coyness. in all grand scheme of things, you do not bumped into a person twice in a year on two remotely places on Earth. by fate or by chance, we did crashed into each other on aussie soil in Christmas 2007, laughing at how small our world has become. no matter how ultramontane we travel, something or someone up there has brought us together just to say hello again. a spark that was dancing around us.

summer arrived. where the air was soft and warm and the night was just right. add in a sprinkle of makebelieve, and a dust of thaumaturgic, it was when the curtains pulled up and the midsummer night's dream began. we shared our first nostalgic moment. our first waltz. our first date. our first strawberry kisses. our first walk under the stars. our first gaze into each other's eyes. our first shakespearian affair.

somethings are better left unspoken. underneath our 200000 words exchange each day, was a silence of unknown territary. a space we dare not traverse. a dream we rather lived in. we chattered, we giggled, we went all out to crave a niche into each other's dreams. as we walked under the pale summer sky, accompanied by the pitter patters of our feets and the echo of ringing laughters, i shudder at how i've allowed this yellow stranger entry into my heart in just a summer. a summer that came unexpectedly and whisk by just too soon.
as much as i want to hold on to you and hug you tight, snuggle in your arms, i have to let you go. to board your flight at the terminal. its the hardest thing that ever i do, to turn around and walk away pretending to be strong. as i walk away, you will never see me wipe away the tears, trying to hold back, silently pleading inside for you to stay.

thank you for taking me to Alton for my birthday. thank you for just being that ear and that shoulder. thank you for the little things you've taught me. thank you for everything that you've place in my life. thank you for taking me on a magical carpet ride and for holding my hands in the dark. thank you for putting up with me even when it was almost impossible. most of all, thank you for being you and so real in my life. you have left such an identation in my heart that now, it will be hard to forget you.

now that it has all become a past, i cannot help but reenact our midsummer nights in my thoughts every night. i bid farewell to this yellow stranger who has now become a resident in my heart. till the stars realigned and a rose shows up as a sign, we'll meet again. our crazy summer is the only thing we both share and it will be forever mine, forever thine, forever ours. can you hear me whispers these words in your ear? will the wind carry these words to you?

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you,
when you're gone, the face I have came to know is missing too,
When you're gone, the words i need to hear to always get me through,
the day and make it okie
I miss you
more than words could say!