Wednesday, November 4, 2009

3 in 1

The pantry lady at work is a 3 in 1. She takes the order, makes the drinks and delivers them. 3 in 1 woman. After gentle rejecting her offer to make me coffee for 2 days, she finally caught me in the lift yesterday, just me and her, two woman riding up to Planet Workplace when she casually mentioned that my no-coffee-binging-habit for a lawyer is eccentric to her. I smiled shyly and threw in a line to edify her that I am allergic to the caffeine in coffee. In our 60 seconds ride up, she elucidated that I would not mind tea instead and would brew me a cup later.

Fast forward an hour after said lift ride, said pantry lady came in with said order. A steaming cup of tea with its tea leaves swimming at the surface. I was too polite to tell her I enjoy drinking tea but not eating tea leaves. I spent the next 3 hours sipping tea and using my teeth as sieve. Like a whale. Clenching my teeth together so only the tea glides through the tiny gaps between my teeth while the tea leaves are blocked out like sewage. I became a 3 in 1 during those 3 hours. I order, I drink and I sieve.