Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So Long, farewell!



All my favourite people in the world are scattered around the globe. The Earth is make more spacious with them all over at a distance. These people make the latitudes and the longtitudes. Even with today's modern technology of msn,twitter and facebook, nothing beats having them around to sit and laugh over with while having tea and scones. Why can't I get all the people together in the world that I really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.


Everytime I find myself at airports, bus terminals, and train stations sending someone away or leaving someone I hold dear in my heart, I can hear my soul whimpering, begging me to make it all alright so that it will not hurt that bad. At the hour of seperation only then I discover the depths of my affection for another, at the minute of saying goodbye only then I know its too late. The best things, the sweetest words, the warmest hugs and the saddest tears come last. It's been a year now since I have left, it's been 12 months of venturing alone in the wilderness and 365 days of wandering without my beacon of light, those words that came rushing out of your heart as we lingered, clinging desperately to the last hour - it still resonates in my me. I am paying the pangs of absence, this much I can bear, only this much I have and I pray that my debt is no more for I cannot go on with this burden. Sweet is the memory of you, my distant friends, like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly on the heart.


I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.


Absence does what the wind does to love. It diminish the weak and increases the great. As the wind extinguish the candles and fans a fire.

When will my next hello be?