Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's left from 2009

September has come to an end. It's time to wake up and smell the roses or rather, the wintery winds. We are nearing in to the last 3 months of the year - 2009 is left with just another quarter of a lifespan before we wave goodbye to it with bangs of fireworks and cheer. It still remains vivid how I had usher in 2009 with a group of friends - freshly chilled back from the UK with the winter air still in my bones, excited to start afresh with a new job and giddy with happiness.


I will be guilty of gaucherie of the crassest kind if I exclaim that "2009 was THE most amazing year! A blast, that I don't mind living it on a rewind. 2009 I heart you!" I must confess, all that is left from the year are the crumbs of a mouldy relationship and a stale job that is starting to breed discontent. I made an astounding discovery of myself this year. I realised I suffer from a touch of logorrhea. My compulsive talkativeness is evident over the 9 months wherein I have whine incessantly of my monotonous life, grumble infinitely, moan regularly and throw a hissy fit once in awhile.

back to the 3 quarters of my year lament - Over the 9 months, I have inured myself to complaint - rarely complacent or satisfied. Of course if you compared the state of my conditions to those from a famish striken country, I am considered to be spoilt, upper crust and a tad overwight. However, my yardstick of equality is the Queen here. Doubleyewww Teee Efff, yes, The Queen. Obviously I haven't woken up from my slumber. Wake me up when December ends.

I have realised the followings in myself : -
1.) losing focus: - I have lost the magical compass in many areas of life.
2.) Rebelling - I am entering another phase of adult angst whereby I tried too hard to be on top of every game I play.
3.) Lackadasical - if others take life at a pinch of salt, I take a tiny grain of it.

4.) Short Attention Span - I think this should go hand-in-hand with losing focus. Since my attention span on things and/or people are pretty short-lived, I somehow reason this is why I lose focus so easily.
5.) Ignorant - I have learnt how to shut out and shut down. I have horne my sweeping skills.

6.) Patience - Despite my motto of ignorance is bliss, I still have a deep sense of patience in me with the rubbish the world throw at me. Maybe this can also be interpreted as a disregard of many things in life, not being too bother about the minuate details and being less interested.

With time running against me, I promise myself to take the last 3 months of this year to reflect on myself. My needs, my heart, my well-being and to reroute, defragment, and rethink how the past has affected me and what areas in my life needs to be changed. I am going to do a spring cleaning of thyself. A change that must come from deep within. To try harder to strive, to be faithful throughout and to be a resilient fighter. Truth be told, these 9 months is a beautiful mess of things unspoken, grievance unheard and love unresolved. It's beautiful because when I look back, I see rainbow strands of events woven into the year. Darker colours for bad days, lighter colours for cheerful days. It's a mess because some lose ends has not be tied. has not be burnt out. has not be tidied and even out. I am afraid. I am petrified to cut those lose ends, what more to burn them...this plague of fear has consume me bit by bit each day that now, when I stare into the mirror, I don't see myself anymore, just someone who has lost herself to the first 3 torrential quarters of 2009.