Monday, December 21, 2009

Thank you for 2009

My weekend trilogy was amazing. I clocked in so many hours of sleeping, eating and drinking time that I am probably overworking all my organs. I managed to squeeze in a little serenity time at Borders but only to grab a cook book for Christmas present. The countdown to Christmas is always exciting, its looking forward to meeting friends and family, its knowing that there will be surprises waiting for you underneath the tree and its the memories of past christmas that keeps us on our toes, wondering what is in store this year for us all.

At some point in this year, we may get nostalgic and realise that 2009 will be gone in just barely 2 weeks time. Like drinking, its in that moment when the last drop tickles down your throat, that's when you see that moment of clarity at the bottom of your the bottle.

Someone made me realised that life is short and too often, I find myself not having say enough from my heart to the people around me. in life, everything comes in pair. the good comes with the bad. the beautiful with the ugly. the dark and the light. the beginning and the end. with good times, comes inevitably, the bad. at least in my life, I find this to be invariably true. for one, death is a departure. one of the tenets in life should be to have fun and enjoy it as much as possible before you have to leave.

I had a rather good 2009 so far, with a few days left for it to play a prank on me, screaming, tricks or treat!Before this year ends, I want to give my bits and pieces of awe-inspiring thank you rambles to those who have made my life count. you have to put it all into perspective. words may do no justice in capturing my profound emotions for all your people  and if you were just next to me, I would have manifest all these emotions into a big hug. However, as all my favourite people are scattered around the globe, words will just have to suffice.

In this journey of life, I am blessed to have had friends to discover things with. To grow with, to laugh with. To bitch with and to rattle with. For all of you who have came from far and wide, brace the traffic and put your livers at risk and witness my celebration of my 24th this year, a big thank you. For those who have tread with me patiently in my walk with God, guided me and enlightened me on His words, I owe you more than words can say. I can only tell you that you have given me the sight and the faith throughout the storm. For those who has whisks me away for holidays and getaways, thank you for sharing my stressful moments, my bad haired days, and left me with wanting more of you people. You kept me moving and looking forward when life throws me in the deepest end. I will not understand why you choose to be friends with me. I will not know why you all stuck by me and I will never have enough to go around for each and everyone of you sweethearts but I thank you all for such awesome 2009...be it bitter or sweet.

I ran through a fullisade of emotions and I like to believe that my rationality kept my sanity for the year, but what struck me the most is that you kept running this race with me. I can't say much for the next, what with female hormones, menstrual cycles and all the symptoms that precedes them. as we get older, our love comes with MANY conditions. we have our list of wants and our avatars of idealism. some of us, God-willing, may happen to meet someone who meets all these expectations. Nonetheless, with my flaws and imperfections, I am thankful that some of you could see pass them or even have the audacity to pretend that I am perfect as a friend in ways that I cannot conjuer.



I love you guys too for such an amazing friendship.


Here are snippets of my life in 2009











































There were of course many others who has been part of my 2009 but they were and still are too far for me to capture any momentos with them for viewing here. They were the most extradinaire of all as they bridge the miles that seperate us with their phone calls, their emails, they drops -ins of hellos on msn and skype, their scribblings on my facebook wall and snail mails. John, Shean, Patrick, Wai Shin, Rachel, Victor, Roxanna, Maria, Joyce, Fungying & Paul Koshy, Ricci, Shawn, Andy, Hisako, and all my other friends whom I have unintentionally left out, it isn't because you arent signifcant in my life but rather, my memory tends to fail me at this age - thank you for 2009!