Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Be still my heart








Text buddy a.k.a Munchkin leaves for Bangalore, India today. It has been 3 months of endless clicking on our mobile phones just to stay in touch with each other. A whole season of loneliness. A draught of hugs, kisses and physical presence. We shared a bond over the summer in England. A friendship forged so tightly that no one can penetrate it, let alone the distance, the time difference, and the hype of myriad social activies that surrounded us. He is like the secret keeper to my fears, my dreams, my hopes and my psychotic-ness. I am his cupcake. The one he text when he needs someone to keep him grounded on the craziness around him, the one he flips his moblie open to contact whenever something eats into him and the one he holds dear in his heart - or at least so I like to imagine. In his words, " remember, no country is a barrier to our love. only brings us closer "!I wouldnt agree more.

We probably make a very odd 'couple'. We share a love that doesnt need explanation. Just two less lonely people in the world who found the missing pieces of their life.

Winter is cold without his embrace. Our summer's love, autumn solitude, winter's hope and joy of spring. I only have one advise for him when he leaves for India, 12.99 now is better than a lifetime of 12.99. Nothing could be more important that the box of 12.99 - not distilled water, not beer, not anything. zilch. I, for one, knows better. the passion of india is another heaven for banging galore. the munchkin I 'love' so dear certainly will blow away all the dark colour people with his yellow charisma.

In his last text, he prayed "God give me the will to forget, courage to find new, strength to move on, faith to be strong. Amen" Amen to that. I am sure there will be a sign of the rose when your prayer is granted. Wherever you are, my thoughts are with you. my heart yearns for a christmas with thee and thou art will always be my lord for i am your lady.

In a while, in a word,Every moment now returns.For a while, seen or heard,How each memory softly burns. Facing you who brings me new tomorrows,I thank God for yesterdays,How they led me to this very hour,How they led me to this place...Every touch, every smile,You have given me in care. Keep in heart, always I'll,Now be treasuring everywhere. And if life should come to just one question, Do I hold this moment true? No trace of sadness, Always with gladness...'I DO...'

Till our solemn promise of a reunion is fulffiled - have a safe flight. stay away from the pipe water and hopefully you wont be on marathon runs to the toilet. whenever you find yourself lost, be still and know that He is God!! His hands are on you and may His blessings shower upon you like rain. Amen!!