Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10 reasons why I should not work

1.) unearthly waking hours - all the talk about early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise is a whole load of hobo that hardly anyone practices anymore. so hell with waking up at 630 for dim sum or a morning jog. my warm bed wins hand down especially on a rainy morning.

2.) sleep deprived - there can never be enough hours for sleep. 8 hours seem to fly by when I am in slumber land.

3.) inhuman working hours - we slog for more than 12 hours and our bosses still thinks we are lazy. they often forget that we are made of flesh and not steel. we run on human energy and not energizer batteries.

4.) hair loss acceleration - this is what happens with all the hair pulling.

5.) the long commute - unless you live next door to your workplace, the traffic and the long drive sometimes make you wish you have a teleport machine.

6.) little social hours - no more sitting around at starbucks for a good cuppa chai tea latte and enjoying the chit chats with your buddies.

7.) stressful dealings with crazy bosses - every day at work is like going in to a weather station. Sunny, cloudy or rainy. Rain or shine, just bring your machintosh.

8.) psychotic work environment - try a day at the psychiatrict ward and a day at the office. same environment, different name.

9.)hauntings of workload - the neverending saga of work, work, and more work.

10.) less time to find a husband - I spend so much time coop up at the office i wonder if I should actually be out there finding the one I will spend my forever with. there is so much of your life you can work...what happens when you retire?

p/s: I have to grow up, I know.