Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blessings

If  I am ever to count my blessings, the list will be long. I  must say, I am highly blessed. Just one week ago, I was on the brink of adding up the numbers of unemployed graduates in the country. On a limbo and with no where to go, my forehead creased with worry lines, my soft still voice told me to Be still, my parents told me to make sure I pack up everything at my firm and not leave anything behind, my friends told me to be happy and enjoy the break, my humor told me to laugh along with my current state of unemployment and my faith told me to Trust in Him. My prayers were along the line of, "God, bless me with a job soon otherwise make sure my husband to be floors the pedals of his metallic Beemer and arrive at my doorsteps soon, Amen!"

2 days later, the Lord of all the Earth caught my falling tears of joy - my worry was like a flower quickly withering and a vapor in the wind. No, Prince Charming did not arrive with the Harry Winston nor the bouquet of stargazer lilies. I have been offered a job as an associate in one of the biggest firms in the country. What have I done to deserve this brilliant offer? *grins* Though I would think Prince Charming would have been better as he would have save me from all the stress of working  but oh Well....I need to learn to be contented with life's little blessings. I am also patting myself on the back by taking what's left from 2009 and making the most of it. This step, this first baby step of leaving my old job and finding a new one, is something I never would have dreamt of 6 months ago. Might be a fleeting thought but one that was just playing in my mind until now.

I am now getting down to writting a list of things to buy with my next pay cheque.