Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gap year in Asia

I'm nearing in to the "third trimester" of my chambering period. Another 3 months and I am going to throw in the towel and take a break, at least for awhile - to breathe, recuperate and to rot. During the past 6 months I have discover much to my horror of horrors that law school had 'failed' to teach me a few essential-must-know-to-be-a-lawyer, that is, the patience to wait in court, the stamina to cope with crazy work hours and that law practice is not for the faint hearted. Over the last 2 weeks, I found an excuse to avoid working myself to the bones and to death. I have decided to take a 2 weeks break to teach orphans English in Beijing or Vietnam.


My top 4 (and only) reasons for choosing Beijing are:
1.) because it will be winter and I miss winter
2.) because my yellow skin will fit in perfectly
3.) because then I can go to the Great Wall
4.) because I can then visit my great great great great grand aunt


go away to some remote jungle and hibernate
I sure hope Great (x4) grandaunt lives somewhere near here


My only reason for the alternative choice of Vietnam: -
1.) John is contemplating of going there and its good to have John along to be my bodyguard, tour guide, and companion.

Then again, I might not end up teaching English as taking time-off means getting no pay and living of my bank account. I have to make sure I do not deplete my savings and bleed dry and Vietnam sure provides for a myriad of part-time jobs...


I can try agricultural science
I can try marketing


I could try aquaculture, (fishing)

Enough ramblings for today. I have taken my pre-requisite 20 minutes daily breather and now I have to go back to my mountain of work...sighhhh...